- All models must represent what they are supposed to be according to the rules they are being used under. WYSIWYG is the rule (What you see is what you get). However, miniatures need not be produced by any particular corporation.
- Miniatures do not need to be painted, but every miniature needs to be fully assembled with all of the appropriate pieces and properly based. (Remember that painting will be judged and contribute to the overall score)
- Units must meet the minimum number of models as specified in the Kings of War rulebook. Units under the recommended number of models may take a slight paint penalty, unless done in conformance to the Rule of Cool.
Army Lists: 2,000 points
- Kings of War: Abyssals
- Kings of War: Abyssal Dwarfs
- Kings of War: Brotherhood
- Kings of War: Dwarfs
- Kings of War: Elves
- Kings of War: Empire of Dust
- Kings of War: Forces of Basilea
- Kings of War: Forces of Nature
- Kings of War: Goblins
- Kings of War: Orcs
- Kings of War: Ogres
- Kings of War: Kin
- Kings of War: Kingdom of Men
- Kings of War: League of Rhordia
- Kings of War: Night-Stalkers
- Kings of War: Ratkin
- Kings of War: Salamanders
- Kings of War: The Herd
- Kings of War: Trident Realm of Neritica
- Kings of War: Undead
- Kings of War: Varangur
Rules for the Army Lists:
- Kings of War 2nd Edition core rules will be used, with lists from Uncharted Empires allowed.
- Up to 25% allies will be allowed, however allies may not take a magical item.
- Lists are due no later than October 1st. Late lists will result in a loss of Santa Anna points.
Any cheesy dork planning to bring a beardy tooled up army should think twice. Anyone who does this will be exposed as the punk he is, all in good fun of course. The tournament organizers reserve the right to disallow any army list that is deemed to be terribly unsporting but unless an army list makes us throw up a little in our mouths when we read it, if it's legal, it's getting in the door. (Some people just stopped reading, so they will miss the important part)
But that does NOT mean that your army list is "APPROVED".
It just didn't make us physically ill. Those are not the same things.
No one is required to like playing against it, or to like you for bringing it. If you bring the pain, keep your gob shut when people cast their bad game votes accordingly...
The Alamo will follow the standard rules for line of sight and terrain, as defined in the Kings of War Version 2 rulebook and any FAQs
"OH HELLS YEAH!! GIDDYUP WURMZ!!!"
—Oscar "dA mAd cHoPpA" Barela, SAGW Standard Bearer
Also see: Scoring